Our client is a specialized provider of integrated logistics services to global industries. They provide highly customized end-to-end logistics and supply chain solutions critical to its customer’s success.
We are recruiting for their Technology vertical an experienced Senior Solutions Engineer with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in logistics, value added services and/or light manufacturing involving consumer electronics. You will be part of a global Technology Centre of Excellence with 2 core centers in the Netherlands and USA. In this role you will translate customers demand into a tailored logistical solution using your logistical knowledge, driven by your data analysis skills while understanding the do’s and don’t of our customer specific WMS / TMS and operations. Calculating, coordinating and presenting the state of the art solution to internal and external stakeholders will be part of your role.
You will be part of a young, highly educated and energetic team driving best in class solutions and innovations in our operations. In conjunction with the other Senior Solutions engineers, you will lead and continuous develop the Solutions Engineering department in the Centre of Excellence. You have the ability to define, calculate, present and implement cutting edge solutions in our fast growing organization.
Key job functions :
- Provide best in class Business development and Strategic management support (RFQ’s, RFI, green field analysis, best practice, investment support);
- Analyze RFQ documents to define and calculate “best in class” customer specific logistical solutions for new and existing customers;
- Work closely with syncreon Business Development/Account Management, Launch and Operational teams to develop and implement solutions that meet the requirements of the business;
- Structured transition of solution knowledge to the Project team and support as advisor during the implementation of the new business;
- Provide strategic analytic support in large investment projects to define requirements, capacities, costs, abilities and limitations related to the purchase or lease of capital equipment, including Robotics, conveyors, storage racking, AGV’s, and miscellaneous items pertaining to specific projects;
- Assist with ongoing development and enhancement of standardized engineering tools and methods.
- Bachelor’s or Master Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain / logistics, or Operations Research or related fields with strong background in logistic engineering design and cost savings initiatives;
- Seven or more years’ experience in a fast moving High Tech or Logistics environment
- Minimum of 4 years RFQ analysis, customer specific solution definition and solution presentation experience to senior management and customers;
- Fluent English speaking, additional European languages are considered a plus;
- Flexible in time and place, availability to travel when needed, if needed;
- Valid Passport to travel EMEA & US, valid car driving license.
Desirable additional skills (not mandatory):
- Knowledge and proven skills in using CAD software and CAST aurora supply chain network design software;
- Knowledge and proven skills in using and programming in SQL;
- Experience with MTM UAS and SOL, Six Sigma or other lean tools.
- You will work with and report into the Director of Engineering Solutions (CoE) and will be supported by MTM certified (senior) solutions and logistics engineers in our Centre of Excellence;
- Preferred location is in the Netherlands, either Waalwijk or Tilburg, but alternative EMEA syncreon locations, like Germany, Ireland or UK are negotiable.
Our clients offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization. They strive to hire and develop the right people, locally and globally; stimulating personal growth and self-development within an informal atmosphere. They offer a market competitive compensation package.
For more information about this excellent opportunity please contact our consultant: +31(0) 6-13115603 / email@example.com or apply by hitting the green button below !